Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Most web browsers allow some control of cookies through browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Further information about the cookies used by Whatmedia is provided below.
Cookies used by Whatmedia
The following Cookie categories are based on the classification presented in The International Chambers of Commerce (ICC) Cookie Guide.
Category 1 – Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide services that you have requested. Category 1 Cookies used by Whatmedia:
- Login status: To Identify you as being logged in to our website.
- Load Balancing: Cookies may be used to distribute load across our web servers – to ensure our websites perform well and give you the best possible experience.
- User Subscription Data: Subscription cookies allow us to ensure that you can access resources which you have registered or paid for.
Category 2 – Performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often. The information collected by these cookies is aggregated, so these cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. The information collected is anonymous and is only used to improve the way our website works.
Category 2 Cookies used by Whatmedia:
- Web analytics: Web Analytics cookies are used to improve the design and user experience of our website by providing statistics on site usage and pages visited.
Category 3 – Functionality cookies
These cookies allow us to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more relevant features.
Category 3 – Cookies used by Whatmedia:
- User Preferences: Preference cookies remember settings you’ve applied to this site such as Layout, Default views, Search filters, Number of Search results per page, Video bandwidth etc…
- Optimizing User Experience: Remembering recently viewed pages. Remembering your last search term.
- Login Information: Login cookies may be used to communicate your login details across pages of this website. This data is encrypted and not shared with third parties.
Category 4 – Targeting or Advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers
Category 4 – Cookies used by Whatmedia:
||Not used on site
||Not used on site